Okay so I watched The Oscars just like some of you did. And I took photos of my favorite frocks, or ones I considered for a little friendly discussion. Most celebs wore something shiny-gold, sheer, and classy, as the “it” colour seemed to be gold. A lot of sparkle showed up on that Oscars red carpet.
The photos you see below were taken by me, I apologize if they aren’t very clear, however I hope you’ll get the general gist of the gown.
Which one is your favorite?
1. With focus on the left: Janelle Monae in Elie Saab. What do you guys think of this dress? It reminds me of the Elizabethan era, where a dress was puffy and a statement piece, with noticeable (and usually different colour) sides in comparison to the middle of the dress, which is usually the same-ish from top to bottom. I appreciate the art that went into this gown but I can’t quite figure out if I truly like it? But, I absolutely love how unique it is.
2. Another notably classy mention is this slick black dress on Taraji Henson, who is presenting in the middle (above photo). Love the simplicity and class of this black dress, and her jewelry is perfect for it.
3. Emma Stone won best actress for La La Land and while at it, looked gorgeous in this Givenchy piece. Love the old Hollywood glam vibe to this dress. Oh and hello, Ryan Gosling lol!!
4. The ever so beautiful Halle Berry looked chic in Atelier Versace. I don’t love-love the gown, as I would have liked to see the black on the ends of the dress instead of the top to make it a little more fresh and youthful, but the way it flowed on stage was truly beautiful. What do you think?
5. Here’s Scarlet Johanson in Alaia. Don’t you think she looked feminine, colourful, and flirty? She didn’t stick to the trendy gold colour and her hair looked on point too! Score.
6. Apparently this dress was already previously worn by another Jen, the multi-talented Jennifer Lopez, but, here, Jennifer Aniston also looks sultry and classy. Besides, at the Oscars she gave away her, reportedly, $525 glasses to a “tour bus” person. Generous!
7. On the left you see my favorite gown of the night, worn by Hailee Steinfeld, and done by Ralph & Russo Couture. This photo does not do it justice. On the red carpet it looked whiter but on the stage, more violet. It’s flirty in its sheerness, elegant in its length and flow; and the floral patterns are not overbearing at all. Delicate and pretty!
8. On the right is a puffy happy mustard- yellow Zac Posen dress, as seen on Leslie Mann. Was nice to see something different, a gown that is not black or gold, and one that’s not see through or sparkly. Then again, I would have liked her hair up in a bun and perhaps with some dangly statement earrings in a different colour such as red. What do you think?
9. Here’s Sofia Boutella wearing one of my favorites, Chanel. A little more definition to this gown would have been nicer but overall, it looked good her and on the stage- and btw, are we still liking feather looks or are we over them?
8. Jessica Biel looked chic and sparkly on the red carpet, wearing a Kaufmanfranco gown. Do you guys think it’s too much gold or just enough?
9. Chrissy Tiegan never shys away from a slit or two, and this Zuhair Murad Couture dress for sure had one. Love the gold in the middle. White and gold have always meshed well, right? And this frock is fitting, yet not too sultry for the classy Oscars.
What’s your favorite piece?
There are a couple that I missed such as Gennifer Goodwin, Nicole Kidman to name a few, but thanks so much for stopping by! I’ll be posting another blog of me tomorrow morning, so come back then too- Thanks so much guys!!!